Here are some modern and high-tech amenities to add to your fantasy. Believe it or not, they're very real!
- That big space for entertaining you dream about: You can actually control its temperature, light and even music through your smartphone. Yup, there’s an app for that.
- Your dream home probably has big windows with a great view. Well, just don’t forget about the blinds that automatically descend when the hot afternoon sun beats into the living room, or the sensors that make your skylights close automatically when it starts to rain.
- Man caves harken back to, well, cavemen. But the modern version is decked out with massive TVs and theater-quality surround sound, all discreetly installed to make room for the heated recliner with built-in refrigerator that's perfect for binge-watching "Breaking Bad" during a lazy weekend. What’s a fantasy without a heated recliner?
- Bathrooms are full of high tech options. No more annoying you-left-the-seat-up discussions: New-generation toilets lower the seat automatically and adjust its temperature to your perfect setting. Modern bathtubs fill up automatically with water (bubbles optional) ready for you to jump in as soon as you get home.
- Builders in Europe even offer homes in which you can move walls with the touch of a button, or quickly change the exterior color to suit your mood or the season.
What's your fantasy home feature? An oven that cooks homemade meals at the touch of a button? (Microwaves don't count.) A built-in baby-soother for the nursery? Post a comment here and share your ultimate dream-home amenity!