Sunday's the big day for honoring Dads, or anyone else who played a dad-like role in your life.
If you're short of ideas how to celebrate Father's Day, here are a few suggestions based on an informal survey of three dads:
- Mow my lawn for me.
- Take me out to a ball game.
- Buy me a tie. (No, really.)
- Lottery tickets.
- No fighting (this from a father of three boys under the age of 9.)
- Give me a hug, an unexpected one.
- I grill, you clean up.
- You cook, I watch golf.
- Control of the remote control for the entire week.
- A photo of us together.
- A six-pack I don't have to share.
- A pass from housework for the rest of June.
There's more, but you get the idea. Dads want love, caring, and just a little bit of recognition. Sort of like the rest of us.
Happy Father's Day to all of them!
Show Comments (